"Each one of us has a story to tell and each one of us has an adventure to live" - Ryza

Japan Chronicles - Travel to the Rising Sun


They say once you get your heart broken one thing that you gotta do is to get out of your comfort zone and do something that you would not dare do. Some go up North of the country and travel to Vigan(The Spanish City of Ilocos Philippines), but the first time I did that, I gave a person the key to breaking my heart... and soo.... let us scrap that idea and go out to a different place where no one speaks the language and a smile from a stranger is the most comforting thing you will find.

Heart torn, pride worn out, mind all set… I went out on one great healing adventure.


Japan…. Land of the Rising Sun

Maybe here I will find my spirits rise up again and feel the beauty of being alive.

So…. Shall we begin my Japan Chronicles Day 1 with some tips?

If you are on a broke ass travels like me and got a promo fare, the first thing that you should know is that cheap flights to Japan from Cebu or Manila will enter Narita. Narita is about 1 hour away from Tokyo which is the epicenter of Japan's modern and Edo era culture. My capsule hotel was located near the Asakusabashi station which was just a train ride from Narita if you take the Keisei-Narita Station. Make sure you get the ticket from the counter ‘coz it's a reserve seating and you don't want to have to talk your way out of being an idiot in a Japanese Subway station. 
There I was in Japan apparently missing two trains ‘coz I was so hesitant to step inside a wrong one, but like all things in life I took a leap of faith and went for it and on wards I go to seeing the land of the Rising sun.😁 
Japan is unbelievable in it's quest for clean living and this is very evident with the sun roofs and greenery surrounding the area. It is light years away from the metropolis we see today. 

So with only 20,000 PHP pocket money and your trusty backpack, you better book your hotel in advance via Agoda booking services. They have the best discounts and it was awesome since my hotel for 7 days only cost me like 3,000 PHP! It was a real bargain and it helped a lot if you're on a tight budget and need to be in Japan for 7 days! So I booked a discounted rate in Hotel East 57 which was super awesome for this capsule hotel was the best when it comes to nearest transport. It's near JR trains as well as the Keiyo line which basically was the line you need to go back to Narita. 




Now that you have successfully landed in Tokyo... the next part is getting your way around it. I suggest that you don't try to wrack your brain with the Japan's railway system and get a PASCO or SUICO card, in that way you load up and not worry about always buying a ticket with another train provider. From Asakusabashi you can go to Harajuku to dress up like harajuku girls ( insert Gwen Stefani song >.< )

Harajuku St

or to Shibuya Station to have a picture with Hachiko...

Shibuya Station

Hachiko at Shibuya Station




2 comments: