"Each one of us has a story to tell and each one of us has an adventure to live" - Ryza

Japan Chronicles - Tokyo Adventures


So I wrote the first part of my adventure to tell you why I got the courage to pack up a bag and head over to Japan. Like many folks who dream of going to the land of the Rising Sun, I happen to be one of those cherry blossom suckers and anime lovers who wanted to experience the whole OISHI! Ohayo! And ARIGATO! Lifestyle 

Going on a solo trip to Tokyo and broke, like literally sky flakes* eating broke was quite a challenge, but through sheer luck and ingenuity I survived and had an awesome adventure. ( *Skyflakes - Filipino crackers that saves you from hunger )

I created a list of the top things which is a must when you go to Tokyo which is worth each cent of your hard earned cash.But before anything, you have to remember that most shops in Japan do not speak English, you gotta learn some courtesy words and put up a huge smile to get around the city. Also one more thing, bring CASH! Most of the shops will not accept credit card payments, so those cheap thingie boppers you want to buy, you gotta pay the old school way.

Now that we have settled the two top things you have to remember, let’s get started 
on my Tokyo adventures J


#1 – Tokyo Disney Sea

              Common who isn’t a kid at heart? Even when I am 80 years old I would still go to Disneyland. If you are aren’t like me who has been to Disneyland like 10 times, you still can’t miss visiting Disney Sea. I went to park at a rainy season but it was still super cool. It is the only Disneyland that actually has a parade on water! So yeah, maybe most of the time you can’t understand the language 'coz all shows are in Japanese, but Captain Jack Sparrow and Barbosa battling it out through a smash buckling show is something you can throw your dictionary out of the window for.


Ever been a fan of the little mermaid? Then brace yourself from shitting your pants, you will see Ariel actually floating and swimming on top of you! One show you can’t miss while you are here is the Little Mermaid and trust me this was the highlight of my day!



Little Mermaid Stage


 There are a lot of shows and rides in Disney Sea that makes one day not enough to experience it all. Be prepared for long lines that leads up to the moon, so if I were you I suggest to grab a hold of a fast pass so that you would not have to spend so much time waiting. Either way, just walking around the park is super fun 'coz you will never know who you get to have a papparazzi shot with 🦆


#2 Meiji & Senso-ji Temple

One thing that really help my broken wing was visiting the famous temples of Tokyo. If you would like to have a peaceful retreat where you can have your thoughts to yourself, I think going to Meiji Temple would be good for your mind and soul. One thing that was memorable for me was writing your deepest wish on the wooden tablet and hanging it up on the great tree. It was that moment that the heaviness I felt was lifted away. 


Another temple which was at the heart of Asakusa district was the Senso-ji temple. This is more of tourist site than a temple of prayer since they were a lot of street vendors selling memorabilia along the way. However, this is the best place to buy souvenirs and get to hop on a Japanese rickshaw. It was one of those places that was a bit crowded but your totally fine with it since you get to see people wearing Yakuta robes and dressing up like traditional Japanese men and women. 



#3 OWL Cafe --- Totally worth it!

Japan cafes are one of kind, and when I say one of a kind it truly is one-of-a-KIND! Where in the world would you be able to pet real life owls, geckos, and all sorts of exotic pets. So when I heard about a jungle cafe in Asakusa; I made sure to mark it on my to do things in Japan. 

Jungle Cafe Owl no Mori is very accessible and for 900 yen you can have a free drink and no time limit bonding with owls and other pets. 






My last adventure was in Hakone... but that deserves one page of my Japanase chronicle adventure series.
 So this is just a few things you can do while you're in Tokyo. I hope when you do visit you would have the most wonderful time like I did....

even if all you can say is...

"Arigato"

which translates to

"Thank you"



No comments:

Post a Comment