"Each one of us has a story to tell and each one of us has an adventure to live" - Ryza

Venezia : City Of Masks

Venice

" The City Of Masks "

Back in 2012, my feet made me wander off to the city of masks, Venice. 

Venice has been the inspiration of love, lust, and deceits. Masquerades were very popular in this city. Colorful masks adorned the shops and you would see it everywhere.

Yet as I was walking through the streets of Venice, and watching the gondola rides; it dawned on me.. am I really in the city of masks or am I in the City of DECEPTION.

People hide behind masks to never say what they really feel inside. Maybe with the masks of deceit, they would not be able to show their pain.

Behind the masks are words.. words of wrenching pain that might say...

I put on the mask when I look at you. I always wanted to shield you from the weakness that is me. Is it so wrong to protect you? Am I wrong for you to never see?

Thoughts one would wonder when they get lost in the sunken city that is

 Venice..







No comments:

Post a Comment